BYHA promotes the development and enjoyment of youth hockey in the Town of Belmont, creating and maintaining a standard of goodwill, sportsmanship and fellowship among it's youth.
 
 
My my My my
 
 
 
 
 
 
BYHA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
November 14th, 2012 Meeting Minutes

 
ATTENDANCE
 
Board Member Present Absent
Brain Quirk X  
Doug McLaughlin   X
Paul Miller X  
Robert Stonehouse X  
Andy Alasso X  
Dustan Bonnin X  
Jim Finn   X
Mike Goulding   X
Tony Luongo   X
Matt Rowan X  
Erica Carere X  
Dan O’Connell   X
Phil Tinmouth X  
Ex Officio Present Absent
Curtis Cole X  
Guest Present  
Steve Nalley   X
Jim Ferreira   X
John Murphy   X
 
 
  1. Previous meeting minutes accepted.
  2. Calendars
    1. ~2,400 have gone out.  About 50% response rate to distribution
    2.  3 drawings, last on December 3rd , no repeat winners
  3. Rink Issues
    1. BYHA owns the big clock, which is not so functional due to issues with keyboard
  4. Mike Goulding now Site Director (scorekeeper manager).  $15 for VHL, $12.50 for GBYHA per game. Call Mike to put your child in the rotation
  5. Board Member Roles
    1. Finalized and
  6. Goalies
    1. Pewee C  needs goalies, discussion
    2. Long term policy is in progress
    3. Goalie skills - every other Sunday starting this Sunday at 11 at Belmont Rink 16 slots per time
    4. Fessenden clinic starts January end when Belmont rink closes
  7. New player guideline
    1. Current guidelines state that if player does not participate in the selection process, that player starts at C team level
    2. Instances have arisen where player is clearly not C level.  How to be fair to kids already in program versus new kid versus what’s best for team.
    3. Need for adjustments to guidelines to codify what we’re already doing?
  8. Mini Maurader proposal postponed
  9. Concussions
    1. How to educate coaches / members?
      1. Coaches have education via USA Hockey CEP program
    2. Early – Mid December coaches / members clinic
  10. Tournaments
    1. Main: Arlington, Waltham
    2. All decisions on participation go through Mr. Paul Miller
  11. Team Managers
    1. Need a manual on what should be happening
 
November’s Action Items
  1. roles of board
  2. DB and BQ to exchange pads for U10
  3. Review of New player guidelines, and past implementation of guidelines
  4. Manual for Team Managers
    1. Curtis to solicit previous managers
  5. Future plan for rink – what should be done?
 
September’s Action Items
  1. Complete the task of filling roles for Team Reps (Coaches / Steve)
  2. Send out note to coaches then coaches to membership re: tournaments
  3. What to do about goalie development for different levels
  4.  Matt/Tony/Curtis/Stonehouse to convene and get back to the group.
 
August’s Action Items
  1. Newer BOD members need to sign up for succession planning – pick your pain.
  2. Brian to work out committee set-up and head assignments
  3. Preparation for November Belmont Home Ice Opening
    1. Fundraising
      1. Sponsorship
      2. Calendar
        1. Brian to ask help of certain individuals
  4. BOD needs to solidify rules around call-ups
    1. Need to manage expectations on both sides
    2. Need to weigh coach’s right to run his team vs. needing structure
    3. “Formalize transaction” between affected coaches
  5. Coaches
    1. Steve needs to have a Coaches meeting
    2. Solidification needed in the next week or so. Brian to get with Steve.
      1. Pewee C and Pewee B2 open
    3. Determination as to CEP requirements needed.  “Be all you can be” requirements.
    4. Need to re-emphasize Team Manager
      1. Coaches need to pick one
      2. Role includes rostering/call-ups
      3. Needs to be formalized when presented to members
  6. By-laws need to be updated and approved
 
Older Action Items
  1. BQ to call a meeting for new officers to discuss roles and responsibilities.
  2. Define committee: need to have fundraisers to support the choices of low team numbers.
  3. Purchase new jerseys. Brian to perform inventory, and order by end of July.
  4. Placement committee to re-look at Bantams.
  5. Next  meeting August 13 7pm Flett Room Belmont Library
 
 
 
 
Faithfully Submitted DCN
Dustan Bonnin