BYHA promotes the development and enjoyment of youth hockey in the Town of Belmont, creating and maintaining a standard of goodwill, sportsmanship and fellowship among it's youth.
 
 
My my My my
 
 
 
 
 
 

Belmont Youth Hockey
Meeting Minutes
 
August 16, 2010

I.        Call to order

A regular meeting of the Belmont Youth Hockey Association (BYHA) was called to order at 7:05 p.m. on August 16, 2010 at the Belmont library.

II.       Roll call

The following board members were present:  Jeff Brody, Jim Brown, Curtis Cole, Jim Finn, Doug McLaughlin, Paul Miller, Steve Nally, Joe Noone, Dan O’Connell, Bob Pomer, Brian Quirk and Kim Rocha.  Absent from the meeting: Jeff Carbeck, Roman Chicz and Tricia Reggio.

III.      Approval of minutes from last meetings

The minutes from the July regular board meeting were accepted.

IV.      Ice Scheduling

We discussed the status of ice purchasing for the upcoming season.  We discussed a change in the GBYHL practice regarding the scheduling of ice time such that we are less likely to get as many home games.  We will nevertheless offer some ice time to the GBYHL for the scheduling of league games which may or may not involve Belmont teams.  Skills sessions will likely be held again during the season once the Belmont rink opens, with teams likely getting skills sessions on a week night (instead of on weekends), two out of every three weeks.  We also discussed the possibility of offering some off ice training to our players.

V.       2010-11 Coaches

We discussed the status of coaching assignments for the upcoming season.  Most coaching assignments have been completed with the exception of the Squirt C team.  Potential candidates are still being considered for that team, which we hope to have finalized in the near future.  There will be a coaching meeting next Thursday to discuss coaching philosophies for the upcoming season. Coaches will need to be properly patched and CORI checked.  We also discussed the possibility of off ice training for players.   

VI.      Watertown Discussion

The girls program will be joining with the Watertown Lady Raiders program for the upcoming season on a trial basis.  We believe this presents the best opportunity for our girls program at this time and we will stay very much involved with the program during the year to monitor it and ensure that our players get a good experience.  We discussed the status of discussions with the Watertown boys program regarding the possibility of a joint venture of some sort.   We expect discussions may continue.      



VII.    Mite Placements

We discussed the plan for Mite placements.  Placements will be held in late September after the kids have an opportunity to attend some skill sessions earlier in the month.  An announcement will go out to the membership.

 
VIII.   Tournaments

We discussed tournament possibilities for the various teams for the upcoming season.  Options will be discussed with the coaches and then presented to the parents as necessary.

 
IX.      Board Assignments

We discussed proposed assignments of board members to lead various projects/initiatives for the upcoming season.  We will review the proposal and discuss further at the next meeting.

X.       Adjournment

Brian Quirk adjourned the meeting at 8:55 p.m.

Minutes submitted by:  Jeff Brody