BYHA promotes the development and enjoyment of youth hockey in the Town of Belmont, creating and maintaining a standard of goodwill, sportsmanship and fellowship among it's youth.
 
 
My my My my
 
 
 
 
 
 
Belmont Youth Hockey
Meeting Minutes
 
August 10, 2009
I.       Call to order
Brian Quirkcalled to order the regular meeting of the Belmont Youth Hockey Association (BYHA) at 7:05 pm on August 10, 2009 in the Staff Room of the Belmont Public Library.
II.     Roll call
The following persons were present: Jeff Brody, Roman Chicz, Curtis Cole, John Curran, Jim Finn, Al Gutterman,Joe Noone, Brian Quirk and Tricia Reggio.  Absent from the meeting were Jim Brown, Jeff Carbeck, Doug McLaughlin, Steve Nally, Bob Pomer and Kim Rocha.
III.    Approval of minutes from last meetings
The minutes from the June 29, 2009 regular board meeting were accepted.
IV.    Financial Update
There has been only minor financial activity since our last meeting. Some late payments and payments from some Midget players were received. A deposit on the upcoming season to the GBL was paid. Scholarship disbursement to the successful applicants will be paid out soon.
BYHA’s policy of awarding free dues to active players who experience the passing of a parent was discussed.   On a going forward basis, such players will receive free dues based on need for the current season (or upcoming season if the passing occurs during the offseason). Current players who have been receiving such assistance will be grandfathered on a need basis. A subcommittee consisting of the President, any Vice President(s), and the Treasurer will review such situations in the future and report to the full Board.
A discussion regarding on-line payments to make it easier for families to pay annual dues revealed several options.
V.     Roster Updates
The current rosters for the upcoming season were discussed.
VI.    Mite Developmental Program
The plans for a BYHA Mite developmental program for the upcoming season coordinated with the assistance of Pete Noone were discussed. The program details need to be finalized and decisions need to be made regarding cost, ice time, coaching and other issues in preparation for the next board meeting.
VII. Fundraising
Tricia Reggio discussed fundraising ideas, including thoughts on a comedy night and ideas for the Big Chill. She is looking for volunteers for a fundraising committee.   Jim Finn is assisting with the Ice Breaker event.
VIII. Coaching Assignments
We discussed proposed coaching assignments. Brian will follow up with Steve regarding finalizing these assignments for board approval.
IX,    Placements
Mite and girls programs placements were discussed. The opportunity of having optional skills ice time for these players before placements take place in mid to late September was discussed.
X.     By-Laws
A decision to focus on finalizing changes to the By-Laws during the Fall after the season is under way was agreed upon.
XI.    Equipment/Sponsors
The status of equipment and sponsors was discussed. A commitment to have sponsors in place by Labor Day was agreed upon.
XII. Photography
Jim Finn discussed options for moving forward on a sports photographer. Agreement was reached to go forward this year using Steven K Photography.
XIII. Other Business
            The importance of motivating players to attend the optional skills sessions being offered was discussed.
XIV. Next Meeting
The next regular meeting of the Board will be on September 7, 2009 in the Staff Room of the Belmont Public Library
XV. Adjournment
Brian Quirkadjourned the meeting at 8:45 p.m.
Minutes submitted by:  Jeff Brody