BYHA promotes the development and enjoyment of youth hockey in the Town of Belmont, creating and maintaining a standard of goodwill, sportsmanship and fellowship among it's youth.
 
 
My my My my
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Belmont Youth Hockey
Meeting Minutes
April 1, 2008
I.      Call to order
Jim Wooster called to order the regular meeting of the Belmont Youth Hockey Association (BYHA) at 7:07pm on April 1, 2008 in the Flett Room of the Belmont Public Library.
II.      Roll call
The following persons were present: Jim Wooster, Curtis Cole, Janet Liddell, John Curran, Steve Nally, Doug McLaughlin, Kerry O’Donovan, John Myers, Brian Quirk, and Mark Shapiro.  Absent from the meeting were: Larry Christofori, Lisa Pargoli and Andy Papathanasiou.
III.      Approval of minutes from last meeting
The minutes from March 3, 2008 were approved.
IV.      Position Reports
Treasurer
Discussed changing policy regarding fees collection for next year. Approximately 30 kids’ fees have still not been paid. Fees were due December 31st. John C. reports income slowing down and expenses rolling in. Total income as of April 1, 2008 is $18,293. Income consists of 07-08 dues and 08-09 pre-registration fees, Mass Hockey playdown reimbursement, and holiday clothing orders.
Total expenses for the same period are $30,001. Expenses include payment for credit card services for web payments, Greg Carter tryout evaluations, ice rental, insurance, GBYHL dues, storage costs, banquet costs, state and other tournaments fees.
Jim W. will meet with John C. about BYHA budget, overhead and current rates and bring any recommendations to board.
Discussed giving goalies 50% reduced tuition rate to encourage more kids to play goalie.
Registrar
Tryouts and registration for 2008/2009 season underway. Will send reminder to register before tryouts.
Coaches
Final player ratings sheets are completed. Steve N. and Jim W. will meet to discuss use of tool during tryouts. Will announce to membership as pilot and amend guidelines if accepted. 
Patching: will sign up coaches for classes in beginning of season.
Girls Program
U10-I, U10-II and U14 teams are playing in the semi-finals this weekend.
Good turnout for Bring a Friend to Hockey weekend. 
Ice/Skills
Ice requirements for current season finished. Doug M. working with various rinks and Belmont Rec. Department to fine tune ice requirements for next season. Monday evenings and an additional weekend game slot at Belmont rink a possibility.  Not sure GBL wants/will reimburse for extra game ice.
Mark Fiddler offering $20 (pay as you go) skills sessions this summer in Dedham for those interested.
Goals for next season: better ice hours, keep kids in Belmont, more practices.
Tournaments/Clothing
Brian Q. reports equipment coming back in and will conduct year end inventory. Goalie equipment needed. Game jerseys in good shape.
Curtis C. reports BYHA may be able to take advantage of donation of youth sports equipment from Sports Etc. in Arlington.
John C. will submit request for grant money from Mass Hockey for purchase of needed equipment.  
Public Relations
Informational flier complete. Frequently asked questions webpage to go up on website. Information will be in PDF format for distribution at events, i.e., Town Day. Mark S. will coordinate activities for Town Day.
V.      New business
 
1.            Tryouts – details to be worked out by Jim W. and Steve N.
2.            Banquets  
3.            Nominating process for open board positions
VI.      Next Meeting: 
*Regular meeting of the Board May 5, 2008 at 7:00pm in the Flett Room at the Belmont Public Library.
VII.      ,Adjournment
Jim Wooster adjourned the meeting at 8:45pm.
Minutes submitted by: Janet Liddell